Crispy, crunchy Mexican tortilla pizza topped with refried beans, salsa, and other favorite toppings. A meatless meal that will leave you filled up and satisfied. This dinner comes together quickly and can be adjusted to your liking. You could serve this any night of the week or mix up your regular pizza night with a Mexican pizza fiesta!
How To Make A Mexican Tortilla Pizza
Mexican tortilla pizzas are really easy and quick to make any night of the week. Start by lightly oiling tortillas and crisping them up in the oven for a few minutes. You will need to flip them halfway through and do this in a couple batches.
While the tortillas are crisping in the oven, prepare the toppings. Mix refried beans with onions and other seasonings and cook until warmed. Chop the tomato, green onions, and jalapeño.
Once the tortillas are nice and crispy, layer on some refried beans and salsa. Top with another tortilla and more salsa followed by green onions, jalapeño, tomato, and shredded cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and delicious.
Serve these with some sour cream and your favorite hot sauce.
My Favorite Baking Sheets
These half sheet pans are my absolute favorite and I highly recommend giving them a try. They don’t warp when you put them in the oven like cheaper quality pans do. If your sheet pans are old, dirty and flimsy then you should get yourself a set of these.
Other Pizza Recipes
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- 8 tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup salsa
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for serving
- hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush tortillas lightly with canola oil. Place the tortillas on baking sheets in the oven until crispy, about 10 minutes. Turn tortillas over once during baking.
- Combine the refried beans, onion, paprika, taco seasoning, and pepper together in a small pot. Heat over medium heat until warm.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven. Divide the refried bean mixture among 4 of the tortillas and top each with 1 Tablespoon of salsa. Place another tortilla on top of each and spread another Tablespoon of salsa on top. Sprinkle on the green onions, jalapeno, tomato and cheese.
- Place back in oven and bake until the cheese is slightly browned, about 10 minutes.