This Kalua Pork Pizza features shredded Smoky Slow Cooked Kalua Pork, pineapple, and teriyaki sauce. Pineapple on pizza is pretty controversial, but I really enjoy the flavor. If pineapple pizza isn’t your favorite, then just leave that off and enjoy a teriyaki Kalua pork pizza. Either way will be delicious.
What Pizza Dough Do I Use?
I have a really easy pizza dough recipe that I have made literally hundreds of times. The recipe makes enough for three pizzas, so you could either make three pizzas or freeze the remaining dough for another time. When freezing pizza dough, portion it to the size of one pizza and form into a ball. Set it out on an oiled counter to defrost and rise.
What is Kalua Pork?
Smoky slow cooker Kalua pork is a deliciously smoky slow cooked shredded pork recipe. It’s seriously the best and easiest to make shredded pork. Check out the recipe to see all the details. It makes a lot, so plan on making a lot of dinners with pork.
What Do I Need To Make This?
I use my favorite 13 inch nonstick pizza pans for pizzas every time. I have tried other methods of baking pizza, but these pans have been the best. I actually own 6 of them because we like to have pizza parties and make a ton of pizza. Even though they are nonstick, I like to give them a light spray with nonstick cooking spray. It just helps them to come off the pan really easily. After baking I transfer them to a flexible cutting mat and cut them with a pizza chopper.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Kalua Pork Pizza
- pizza dough, enough for one pizza
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Kalua Pork
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly grease a pizza pan with non stick cooking spray and place rolled out dough on the pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1/2 cup of the reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon sauce onto the pizza dough. Mix shredded pork with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the pizza, followed by the pork and pineapple. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes, turning half way through.