A crunchy peanut butter bar dipped and drizzled in chocolate. These Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are very yummy! I like to top these with peanut butter chips which can be found in the baking row right by the chocolate chips. So, if you love peanut butter, you will love these bars.
How To Make The Bars
These delicious crispy chocolate peanut butter bars are made by mixing together creamy peanut butter and honey. This peanut butter mixture will hold everything together. Then Rice Krispies cereal is gently folded into the peanut butter mixture and it is all pressed into a parchment paper lined pan. Press some peanut butter baking chips into the top. Then this goes in the refrigerator to firm up so they can be cut into bars. After that, they are then dipped into melted chocolate so just the bottom is coated in chocolate. I like to mix in a little shortening into the chocolate that is drizzled on top to make it just a little easier to drizzle.
Recommendations For This Recipe
If You Like This Recipe, Check Out Some Of My Other Recipes
Kalua Pork – An amazing shredded pork recipe.
Mississippi Pot Roast – The best pot roast you will ever eat.
Russian Tea Cakes – Buttery toasted pecan cookies coated in powdered sugar.
Apple Turnovers – My absolutely favorite treat.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla.
- Gently fold in Rice Krispies cereal until well combined. Press into prepared pan and top with peanut butter chips. Press the peanut butter chips down gently. Refrigerate until cooled and solid. Cut into 18 bars.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish and heat at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted.
- Dip bars in chocolate and place on parchment paper. If the bars get too soft to pick up, put them in the freezer for a few minutes. Mix shortening in the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.