Let the Christmas cookie baking begin! These buttery Russian Tea Cakes cookies are full toasted pecans and are covered in powdered sugar. Yum! They are perfect for a cookie exchange or a gift this Christmas.
Russian Tea Cakes
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for coating
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toast pecans in a dry pan over medium heat until they start to smell nutty.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together pecans, flour, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer. Mix in vanilla. Add half of the flour mixture, mix to combine. Mix in the rest of the flour mixture until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make 1 inch balls with the dough. Bake for 15 minutes. They will be set on the top and lightly browned on the bottom. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Coat with powdered sugar. Let cool completely and cover with powdered sugar again.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!