These Peanut Butter Cookies are a family favorite that I remember making many, many times growing up. Yum! I can still remember the smell of warm peanut butter filling the house and picture the counter full of cooling Peanut Butter Cookies. These are seriously the best peanut butter cookies I have ever tasted. I prefer these cookies to be soft and chewy, but they can also be cooked a little longer for a crunchier Peanut Butter Cookie. Chewy or crunchy, they are still delicious!
After mixing up the cookie dough, they are formed into balls and placed on a baking sheet.
Press each cookie down with the tines of a fork to make a nice pattern on top.
These can be cooked slightly underdone to keep them nice and soft. If you prefer a crunchier cookie, just bake them a little longer.
Some Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Russian Tea Cakes – Buttery cookie balls filled with pecans and covered in powdered sugar
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Classic chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe
Soft Pumpkin Cookies – When you are craving something pumpkin this fall
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Form dough into balls, place on a greased baking sheet and smash down with a fork twice to make an X.
- For crunchy cookies bake until golden brown, about 9 minutes. For soft cookies bake 5 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for a couple minutes before removing.
OK, I couldn’t stop taking pictures of these amazingly delicious cookies! I think I might go make more!