These Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Toaster Pastries are my homemade version of a popular toaster pastry. Brown sugar and cinnamon is the preferred flavor at my house, but you could use fruit, jam, chocolate, or any flavoring you like. A S’mores version of these would be really tasty with mini marshmallows and chocolate.
About That Pastry Dough
I made these Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toaster Pastries with my Sweet Pie Crust recipe. It is my favorite pie crust and very easy to make. You could use store bought pie dough if you want, but you will still need to do some rolling out of the dough. When making the dough, I like to freeze the butter first and shred it with a cheese grater. It mixes in very nicely and easily that way. That step isn’t necessary though and can be mixed together with a pastry cutter, your hands, or even in a food processor.
The dough needs to be rolled out evenly before cutting out the rectangles. I measured each one to cut them the same size, but you could cut a piece of paper the correct size to use as a guide. The cutting would go faster that way.
Top Amazon Picks For Making This Recipe
These are my absolute favorite baking sheets.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toaster Pastries
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 5-6 Tablespoons ice water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
Prepare the pastry dough
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Add butter and mix with your hands or a pastry cutter until crumbly. Add water a little at a time until the dough forms a ball. Don’t add more than 1 Tablespoon at a time. More flour can be mixed in if too much water is added.
- Divide the dough in half. Form dough into 2 flat discs and wrap with plastic wrap. Freeze for 10 minutes or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Roll and cut the dough
- Take one dough disc out and roll to ¼ inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut into 3 inch by 4 inch rectangles. This will make 9 rectangles. Repeat with the other dough disc. You will have 18 rectangles total.
- Lay 9 of the rectangles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Make the filling and assemble
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour together in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk to make the egg wash. Brush the egg wash over each of the 9 dough rectangles on the parchment paper.
- Put a Tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar filling on each, leaving a ¼ inch space around the edges. Place the remaining 9 dough rectangles on top and seal with the tines of a fork around the edges.
- Brush the tops with the egg wash and poke the centers with the fork a couple times to let steam escape while baking. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking.
Baking and icing
- Bake at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes, until they are lightly browned. Cool before icing.
- Make the icing by combining powdered sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon of milk and stir. Add 1-2 teaspoons milk as needed to make a smooth icing that is still slightly thick. Use a spoon to spread the icing on top of the pastries.
- These can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for a week. Reheat in an oven or toaster oven at 350°F for a couple minutes.
20 thoughts on “Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toaster Pastries”
These toaster pastries brought me right back to my childhood! Every bite was so delicious!
I’m glad you like them as much as I do! One of my favorite treats.
These are comfort food! So delicious and flavorful. Definitely better than store bought.
Definitely a comfort food!
I couldn’t believe how easy these were to make and they remind me of my childhood. Although I think your version is better…and certainly better for you. Thanks for the delicious recipe!
They are easy to make. I love being able to control the ingredients with a homemade version.
My kids loved these!
A favorite with my kids as well. They keep asking me to make them again.
These are the perfect breakfast to make ahead for back to school! My kids love them, mom does too!
Yes, these are perfect for a quick breakfast or after school snack!
These totally bring me back to my childhood! So fun!
Right! These bring back so many memories!
Brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts are my bf and my favorite pop tart. This is the perfect recipe to make while I can’t be in the US 😀 so good!
They are definitely my favorite flavor as well. They bring back good memories.
You had me at cinnamon…. delicious. These were so easy to make and tasted wonderful. Thank you.
I’m glad they worked out well for you! Cinnamon is the best.
Brown sugar poptarts use to be my favourites growing up. I’m excited to read this recipe, that will allow me to recreate it at home. Total YUM!!
It’s so fun to recreate a classic.
Yum, brown sugar, cinnamon and pastry, how can you go wrong? These would be amazing with a scoop of ice cream.
The combination is pretty awesome. I’ll have to try them with ice cream next time. Thanks for the tip!
Comments are closed.