Fresh Pumpkin Puree is great for muffins, cookies, pies, smoothies, and any recipe that calls for pumpkin puree. It’s really easy to roast your own pumpkin. The pumpkin I roasted was 2 pounds and it made 2 cups of pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Recipes To Use Fresh Pumpkin Puree
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Fresh Pumpkin Puree
- 2 pound pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut a small slice off the top of the pumpkin to remove the stem.
- Turn pumpkin so the sliced off side is on the cutting board. Cut in half. Remove seeds and strings. Save seeds to roast if you like.
- Brush with oil and place cut-side down on the prepared pan.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes or until the skin is dark orange and it can easily be poked with a fork.
- Use a large spoon to remove the flesh from the skin.
- Blend in a blender or food processor and use in pies, cookies, and any yummy pumpkin recipe.