Banana muffins are an excellent way to use up those bananas that have been forgotten and are now way overripened. Make these Banana Muffins with Streusel Crumb Topping for a special weekend breakfast treat.
These muffins need to be make with the ripest bananas as they will have extra sweetness from ripening so long. I have made these with different amounts of bananas and it turns out great every time. It will be just fine if you only have three bananas or if you have five. Use what you have.
These banana muffins with streusel crumb topping come together very easily. Cream together the butter and brown sugar with a whish or mixer until light. Add in the eggs and mashed bananas. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until just combined. I like to use a cookie scoop to transfer the batter into the muffin pans. Make the streusel topping and crumble onto the muffins before baking.
Streusel is a crumb topping made of fat, flour and sugar. This topping is exactly that. To make the crumb topping, mix flour, brown sugar, and sugar together. Drizzle in melted butter and toss it together until all the flour is moistened and the mixture is crumbly. Be careful not to over mix this as it will turn into a paste and not be crumbly anymore.
Top Amazon Picks For This Recipe
Other Recipes You Might Like
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Banana Muffins With Streusel Crumb Topping
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 overripened bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted but not hot
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, and sugar together in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix with a fork while drizzling in the melted butter. Toss it together with a fork until it is crumbly and there is no dry flour in the bowl. Do not over mix.
- Put the streusel crumbles on top of the muffin batter in the pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.