This is a super simple Oryx Green Chile Stew made with authentic Hatch Green Chilies from New Mexico. Enjoy!
Check out my Oryx fajitas recipe too.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Oryx Green Chile Stew
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Oryx, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Hatch green chilies, roasted and diced
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium/high heat. Add cubed Oryx, cooking until browned.
- Add onion, garlic and green chilies and cook for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, water and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a bubble, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes to an hour.