This 10 Minute Chocolate Pudding recipe is so tasty and simple to make. You might not ever buy a box of instant pudding ever again. It only took about 10 minutes to cook the pudding. Cornstarch is the thickener of the pudding and you can feel it thickening up as you whisk it together.
How To Make The Pudding
All you need to do to make this 10 minute chocolate pudding is combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt together in a pan and whisk in the milk. Cook it over medium heat so you don’t burn it. You really have to continually whisk this pudding and you will know when it’s ready because it will thicken up near the end of the cooking time. If you don’t stir constantly, it will be lumpy when it is done. A lot of whisking will make for a nice, smooth pudding. Stir in a little butter and vanilla right at the end and you have a delicious chocolate pudding.
This can be poured into pretty serving dishes or into a large bowl. It’s best to press plastic wrap right onto the surface of the pudding so it doesn’t dry out on the top. Don’t skip this step. This is best refrigerated, but you could certainly eat it warm. Serve with whipped cream for an extra delicious treat.
A Few Other Chocolate Recipes You Might Like
Our Famous Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – This is a favorite cookie recipe we make often.
Peanut Butter Cookie Fudge – This might possibly be the best fudge you have ever made.
Moon Pie Cookies – Soft chocolate cookies filled with marshmallow fluff.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
10 Minute Chocolate Pudding
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whisk sugar, cocoa powder, corn starch, and salt together in a medium sized saucepan. Slowly add milk while whisking.
- Cook over medium heat while continually whisking. You will notice it starting to thicken up right before it starts to bubble. Once boiling, let it cook for a minute while still whisking.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into serving dishes or a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Press plastic wrap into the pudding. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.