Fresh salmon is used in these fresh salmon patties and it gives them an amazing taste. I normally use canned salmon for salmon patties, but I tried it with frozen salmon and it was so much better. They can be eaten on their own, over rice, or even in a bun. I served these over rice pilaf, which was absolutely amazing. Check out my Red Onion Rice Pilaf recipe that goes great with these fresh salmon patties.
How To Make Salmon Patties
Start out this recipe by baking the fresh salmon in the oven until it is cooked and flakey. Transfer the cooked salmon to a bowl and break it apart to let it cool down. Once it has a little time to cool down, add the red onion, bread crumbs, eggs, and seasonings. Form the salmon mixture into patties and brown them up on either a Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle pan or skillet with some butter.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Place salmon on prepared pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until flaky, about 15-20 minutes.
- Place cooked salmon in a large bowl and break apart to cool slightly.
- Add red onion, bread crumbs, eggs, and garlic powder to the salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together and form into 8-10 patties, depending on size.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Melt butter and brown salmon patties on both sides.
- Serve over rice pilaf if desired.