Pumpkin spice lattes are certainly the signal that fall is really here. I wanted to make a muffin that really reminded me of a pumpkin spice latte, but without using pumpkin puree. These Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins are delicious and would go great with a pumpkin spice latte.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins are make with freshly brewed coffee. They will have more of a coffee flavor if you use strongly brewed coffee or espresso in the muffins. It can also just be made with any leftover coffee you have from the morning pot of coffee.
These muffins are made by combining the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then creaming together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. The other wet ingredients are then added. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Did you know that adding the wet ingredients to the dry is called the muffin method? It’s the perfect way to mix up muffins and results in less mess and perfect muffins. Be sure not to overmix! The streusel topping is added right before baking.
Top Amazon Picks For This Recipe
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, cream together sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, egg, milk, coffee, oil, and sour cream with a hand mixer. Pour into the large bowl with the flour mixture. Beat until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batten between the 12 muffin cups.
- Make the topping by stirring together butter, flour, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until very crumbly looking with no large clumps of butter in it. Divide the topping evenly on top of the muffin batter in the pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes, and then reduce oven temperature to 375°F and bake for an additional 13-14 minutes. You can test their doneness by sticking in a toothpick to see if it comes out clean, but a good way to know is just by watching them for a nicely formed dome.
- Carefully remove muffins from the pan immediately after baking and cool on a cooling rack.
Mini Muffin OptionThese can also be made into mini muffins and baked at 375°F for 10-11 minutes.
NutritionCalories 259 | Total Fat 12.3g | Saturated Fat 2.5g | Cholesterol 20mg | Sodium 124mg | Total Carbohydrate 34.8g | Dietary Fiber 0.7g | Total Sugars 16.1g | Protein 3.3g | Vitamin D 3mcg | Calcium 80mg | Iron 1mg | Potassium 175mg