Easy Slow Cooker White Chili is simple to put together and a great meal to warm you up on a cold day. This chili has white beans, chicken, and is delicious with shredded pepper jack cheese on top.
I feel like slow cooker recipes can either be amazing or total flops. Like huge belly flops in a hot crock of failure. I sure have had my share of slow cooked disasters. This slow cooker white chili turned out really good though. Chloe ate two bowls of chili for dinner! It is always good to find a kid approved slow cooker meal. She enjoyed it with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top because she thought the pepper jack was too spicy. The other kids really just ate cheese and didn’t bother with the chili. Oh well, can’t win them all.
Fill A Freezer Bag To Make Another Day
When prepping this meal, I threw a second set of ingredients in a zip top bag, labeled it (don’t forget to write on the bag before filling it!), and threw it in the freezer for another day. It cooks up just as good after freezing. All you have to do is thaw it overnight. I like to set the bag in some kind of container in case the bag leaks to save the fridge from a mess. Then you slow cook it as normal.
Slow Cooker Chili Expert Tips
Slow cooking raw onions will leave them slightly crunchy and raw tasting even after cooking all day. Sautéing them in a pan with olive oil for about 5 minutes will give them a better texture and taste in the chili. I like to blend half of the beans in a blender before adding them to the slow cooker. I know this is supposed to be an easy slow cooker meal and I’m asking you to pull out the blender. If you have the time, pull out the blender and give those beans a whirl to thicken up this chili. You won’t be disappointed.
After the chili finishes cooking, all you need to do is shred the chicken. I found it easier to take the chicken out and shred on a plate or cutting board. Top with shredded pepper jack cheese and sliced green onions.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Easy Slow Cooker White Chili
- Slow Cooker
- 2 – 15 oz cans white kidney beans/cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, for serving
- 2 sliced green onions, for serving
- Blend 1 can beans with 1 cup of the chicken broth in a food processor or blender. This will thicken the chili and is optional.
- Add chicken, green chilies, corn, oregano, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, blended beans, beans, and remaining chicken broth to the slow cooker. The onions can be sautéed to add more flavor.
- Cook on low for 6 hours then shred the chicken.
- Serve with shredded pepper jack cheese and green onions.