These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars are a really delicious fall treat. I love pumpkin and get really excited when the little pumpkins show up in the grocery store. This can be made with freshly roasted pumpkin or canned pumpkin puree. I’ve made it both ways and it is really tasty either way.
Roasting your own pumpkin is really fun and it leaves you with some seeds to roast as well. If you decide to roast your own pumpkin, see my fresh pumpkin puree directions for exactly how to do that.
Every time I make these, everyone absolutely loves them. They are really quick to make and great for sharing with friends and family. Fall is the perfect time of year to enjoy these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars and they would go great with a hot pumpkin spice latte.
Top Amazon Picks For This Recipe
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a hand mixer until creamy. Mix in egg and vanilla. Then mix in pumpkin.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
Nutrition:Calories 201 | Total Fat 11.1g | Saturated Fat 7.2g | Cholesterol 30mg | Sodium 169mg | Total Carbohydrate 23.6g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Total Sugars 14.2g | Protein 2.3g | Vitamin D 6mcg | Calcium 29mg | Iron 1mg | Potassium 78mg
I try to create new recipes for you all, but just absolutely love this recipe from Sara at Mom Endeavors