The following recipe was created for my (Robbie’s) Manual and Instructions class:
This cookie recipe is originally based off of the Quaker Oats “Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies”. However, this recipe substitutes raisins with chocolate chips, cuts the margarine in half and adds peanut butter. It also does not include the original 1 teaspoon of vanilla because I ran out. They turned out delicious and even better than expected.
Yields: 36 cookies
½ cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
½ cup Granulated Sugar
1 ½ cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
3 cups Oats
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the Margarine, Peanut Butter, and the Sugars in a stand mixer on medium.
- Stir in Eggs.
- Combine Flour, Baking Soda, and Cinnamon in a separate mixing bowl.
- Stir together Flour mixture and Peanut Butter/Sugar mixture in the stand mixer on low.
- Stir in Oats and Chocolate Chips on low.
- Grease two cookie sheets.
- Dish out 12 cookies per sheet using a #50 disher (about 1 Tablespoon).
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Swap and turn the sheets.
- Bake for another 6 minutes or until golden brown.