Quick and easy sheet pan dinner made of spaghetti squash, broccoli, and chicken. Just roast everything in the oven and mix it together for a great dinner for any night of the week.
This meal made be rethink spaghetti squash altogether. I thought I didn’t like spaghetti squash, but in reality I just didn’t like how it was prepared. I had only had it as a pasta substitute and it just isn’t pasta. Spaghetti squash, broccoli and chicken dinner isn’t pretending to be pasta and you will be thankful for that.
You guessed it, there is spaghetti squash, broccoli and chicken in this meal.
The spaghetti squash gives this meal a nice crunch to this meal. Any vegetable could be roasted along with this, but broccoli is my favorite to add in. I have prepared this with both chicken breasts and thighs and it turns out great every time.
Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the extra strings and seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay cut side down on the sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes while you prepare the broccoli and chicken.
Cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces and place into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive and season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss to coat evenly. Coat the chicken with olive oil and season. The broccoli and chicken goes on the sheet pan with the spaghetti squash and then you roast everything until it is cooked.
After roasting, use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash into a large bowl. Chop the chicken into smaller pieces and add that to the bowl along with the broccoli. Sprinkle in some parmesan cheese and toss it together.
Connect With Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out! We would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @chloestrayblog or #chloestray to show us your food!
Spaghetti Squash, Broccoli and Chicken
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 head broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Place on the baking sheet cut side down. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss the broccoli with olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Coat the chicken with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. Add the broccoli and chicken to the baking sheet. Return the baking sheet to the oven. Bake another 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the squash is soft.
- Scrape the spaghetti squash out into a large bowl. Chop the chicken and add it to the bowl along with the broccoli. Add parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.